Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mama Mama Can't You See

"Mama, Mama, can't you see what the Navy's done to me..." Two weeks down and ten to go, three more for this first phase of my training. Rhode Island is beautiful. I am enjoying early mornings (3:30 am) with a little physical training strarting at 5:00 am. The food here rivals any federal institution. My Chief (Drill Instructor) is a very motivating gentleman, quick to encourage me and remind me how smart I really am as an officer. Please continue to keep Sarah and me in prayer. She has the tougher part as our soon to be child is constantly reminder her of his/her presence. Deus Est Semper Fi! --jdw

1 comment:

Joseph Roberts said...

Your Chief sounds like a very positive fellow. I'm glad he has such a high opinion of officers :)

Keeping you in prayer, brother!